What People Are Commenting
Prophecies on the Coming Chastisement
A reader from Brazil sent TIA the following sermon by Fr. René Trincado, whom we do not know. No bibliographical sources were offered for the various prophecies. Nonetheless, the ensemble seems to be objective and we believe that it deserves to be known by our readers. This is why we translated this sermon from Portuguese. TIA
Sermon for the 24th Sunday after Pentecost
Fr. René Trincado
In St. Thomas’
, we find in the Commentary on Matthew 8:23-27 these words: "Then, Our Lord will command the winds – that is, the devils – the ones that stir up the persecutions – and that He will give a great peace for the Church and the world."
One can ask these questions: Will this command put an end to the present day torment that assails the Church and the world? Will God desire to install a great and sudden peace?
We present these prophecies – old and recent – as a possible response:
Our Lady of Fatima
(1917) - In the end, my Immaculate Heart will triumph. The Holy Father will consecrate Russia to Me and it will be converted, and a period of peace will be granted to the world.
Our Lady of La Salette: At one blow all the enemies of the Church of Jesus Christ will perish
Our Lady of la Salette
, France (1846) - Then, Jesus Christ, by an act of His justice and His great mercy toward the righteous, will command His Angels to put all His enemies to death. At one blow the persecutors of the Church of Jesus Christ and all men given to sin will perish, and the earth will become like a desert. Then, there will be peace.
Our Lady of Akita
, Japan (1973) - The Father will inflict a terrible punishment on all humanity. It will be a punishment graver than the Deluge, one such as has never been seen before. Fire will fall from the sky and will wipe out a great part of humanity.
(1303-1373) - Forty years before the year 2000, the Devil will be let loose for a period to tempt men. When all will seem lost, God Himself will suddenly bring all evil to an end.
St. Vincent Ferrer
(14th century) - A time will come such as no one has seen until then. … It will cause a great chaos, such as never was or ever thought of, except for the one that will take place at the Final Judgment. The Church shall shed tears ... But that sorrow shall be turned into joy. The King of Kings and Lord of Lords will purify and regenerate everything.
Venerable Bartholomew Holzhauser
(17th century) - The Omnipotent, then, will intervene with an admirable blow that no one can imagine. For three days the earth will be submersed in a complete darkness. As before in Egypt, the Exterminating Angel will cut down all those who rose up with satanic hatred against the Church.
St. Gaspar del Burfalo
(19th century) - Those who survive the three days of darkness and horror will believe themselves to be alone on the earth, because the ground will be covered with cadavers.
St Vincent, called Angel of the Apocalypse: 'The Church shall shed tears'
Fr. Bernard Maria Clausi
(19th century) - Things will reach the apex, and when everything seems lost, God will transform all things with a flick of the eye, as from morning to night… A terrible uproar will come, directly against the impious. It will be a completely new and terrible chastisement, such as the world has never seen. This chastisement will be felt throughout the entire world and will be so terrible that the survivors will imagine themselves to be the only ones living. This punishment will be instantaneous, but terrible.
Venerable Fr. Jacinto Coma
(19th century) - Providence has reserved an unexpected means that will do in a single stroke what would have taken a very long time in the normal course of things.
Sr. Maria des Vallés
(17th century) - Because there are three deluges, sent to destroy sin. The first deluge is that of the Eternal Father, which was a deluge of water. The second is the deluge of the Son, which was a deluge of blood. The third is of the Holy Spirit, which will be a deluge of fire. But it will be sad like the others because it will encounter much resistance and a large quantity of green wood that will be difficult to burn. Two have already passed, but the third is pending and, just as the first two were predicted long before they arrived, so also will be the latter. Only God knows the time.
Venerable Isabel Canori
(18th century) - I saw the world in complete revolution; order and justice no longer reigned. The seven capital sins were raised in triumph. From every side injustice, fraud, debauchery and every type of iniquity spread. … All the faithful who preserved in their heart the faith of Jesus Christ … saw themselves … freed from the horrible chastisement … Suddenly a violent and impetuous wind rose that sounded like the roar of a lion and was heard all over the earth. Fear and terror struck both man and beast. …
The power of Hell will be used to exterminate those impious and heretical persons who desired to overthrow the Church and destroy her to her very foundations. … But the Lord will despise their artifices and through an effect of His Mighty Hand He will punish these impious blasphemers, permitting the infernal powers to come out from Hell…
Innumerable Legions of devils will overrun the earth and shall execute the orders of Divine Justice by causing terrible calamities and disaster. They will attack everything and cause injury to families, properties, cities and villages. Nothing on earth shall be spared. God will permit those mendacious ones to be chastised … giving them a rapid and terrible death, because they voluntarily submitted themselves to the infernal power, forming a pact with it against Divine Justice. …
Then, I saw a dark and frightful cave of fire where a multitude of devils were issuing forth under the form of man-beasts. They came to infest the earth, leaving ruin and blood everywhere. … Those evil spirits plundered the places where God was outraged, blasphemed and treated in a sacrilegious way. The profaned places will be pulled down and destroyed, and nothing but ruins will remain of them
Anna Maria Taigi: Three pestilences will cover the earth for three days
Blessed Anna Maria Taigi
(1769-1837) - Three pestilences, filled with horrendous sights, will cover the earth for three days. The punishment … from Heaven will be frightful and universal. All the enemies of the Church, whether known or unknown, will perish during that darkness, with the exception of a few whom God will afterwards convert. The air shall be infested with demons who will appear under all sorts of hideous forms.
Petite Marie des Terreaux
(1773-1843) - You will see the Revolution end as you saw it start. You will see the same things and same evils as the beginning: the Republic, lies, licentiousness, etc. etc. But everything will go more rapidly and will end with a brilliant miracle.
A great event will amaze the earth during which the wicked will be punished in an astonishing way. … Suddenly the Revolution will end by means of a miracle that will astonish the universe. The few evil ones who remain will be converted. The things that will happen will be a prefigure of the end of the world; they will be so terrible that many will die of horror.
Sr. Palma Maria Addolorata
(19th century) - There will be three days of darkness; not one devil will remain in Hell. All will leave and the air will be infested. It will be the last plague. Afterwards a great cross will appear in the sky, and the triumph of the Church will be such that it will make people doubt such evils existed. … Then a true peace will come.
(19th century) - A part of the earth is all desert; nothing without the power of God can sustain itself. The more fervent souls will fall into moral anguish. There will be three terrible tempests that will move the mountains and merge together houses and buildings. A third of all men will perish. At this moment the sun will hide itself. Three dense clouds filled with satanic spirits will cover the earth. The moon will become red like blood. … After the persecution, the Church will triumph and flourish again.
Maria Julia Jahenny
(1850-1941) - I will rise up suddenly in all the splendor of my justice. … I will transform the earth; I will strike down the culpable souls. … It will be a deluge of terror.
Sr. Helena Aiello
(+1961) - Rome will not be saved because the Italian rulers have abandoned the Divine Light and because only a few people really love the Church. But the day is not far off when all the wicked shall perish under the tremendous blows of Divine Justice.
The world no longer deserves pardon, but rather fire, destruction and death. … The chastisement will be quick to remove the evil from the earth. A tempest of fire will fall upon the earth. This terrible chastisement never before seen in the history of humanity will last for 70 hours. The atheists will be struck down and annihilated and many will be lost because they will remain in the obstinacy of their sins. Then you will see the power of light triumph over the power of darkness. The chastisement of fire is near and will purify the earth of the iniquity of the wicked.
Signs of a chastisement in public revelation
There are dozens more private revelations that speak of a sudden and tremendous chastisement by which Christ will impose peace on the earth. The prophecy of the Three Days of Darkness is perhaps the most repeated of them all. Undoubtedly, someone could object that nothing of this is said in official Revelation, that is, in Sacred Scriptures. Let us see if this is true:
- And it shall come to pass in all the land, says the Lord, that two-thirds in it shall be scattered and shall perish: but the third part shall be left in it. (13:8) * And it shall come to pass in that day, that there shall be no light, but cold and frost. And there shall be one day, which is known to the Lord, not day nor night: and in the time of the evening there shall be light. (14: 6-7)
- Behold, the day of the Lord shall come, a cruel day, and full of indignation, and of wrath, and fury, to lay the land desolate, and to destroy the sinners thereof out of it.
For it is a day of slaughter and of devastation and of weeping
For the stars of heaven, and their brightness shall not display their light: the sun shall be darkened in his rising, and the moon shall not shine with her light.
And I will visit the evils of the world, and against the wicked for their iniquity: and I will make the pride of infidels to cease, and will bring down the arrogance of the mighty. (13: 9-11)
* For it is a day of slaughter and of devastation and of weeping. (22: 5)
* Therefore shall a curse devour the earth, and the inhabitants thereof shall be desolate: and therefore they that dwell therein shall be burned, and few men shall be left. … For it shall be thus in the midst of the earth, in the midst of the people, as if a few olives, that remain, should be shaken out of the olive tree: or grapes, when the vintage is ended. (24: 6)
* And it shall be at an instant suddenly. A visitation shall come from the Lord of hosts in thunder, and with earthquake, and with a great noise of whirlwind and tempest, and with the flame of devouring fire. (24: 13)
* For the indignation of the Lord is upon all nations, and His fury upon all their armies: He hath killed them and delivered them to slaughter. (34: 2)
* Behold they are as stubble, fire hath burned them.(42: 14)
- Gathering, I will gather together all things from off the face of the land, saith the Lord: I will gather man, and beast, I will gather the birds of the air, and the fishes of the sea: and the ungodly shall meet with ruin: and I will destroy men from off the face of the land, saith the Lord. (1: 2-3)
* The great day of the Lord is near, it is near and exceeding swift: the voice of the day of the Lord is bitter, the mighty man shall there meet with tribulation.
That day is a day of wrath, a day of tribulation and distress, a day of calamity and misery, a day of darkness and obscurity, a day of clouds and whirlwinds. A day of the trumpet and alarm against the strong cities, and against the high bulwarks.
And I will distress men, and they shall walk like blind men, because they have sinned against the Lord: and their blood shall be poured out as earth, and their bodies as dung. Neither shall their silver and their gold be able to deliver them in the day of the wrath of the Lord: all the land shall be devoured by the fire of his jealousy, for He shall make even a speedy destruction of all them that dwell in the land. (1: 14-18)
* For then I will pour upon them My indignation, all My fierce anger: for with the fire of My jealousy shall all the earth be devoured. (3: 8)
* Because then I will restore to the people a pure language, that all may call upon the name of the Lord, and may serve him with one shoulder. (3: 9)
The “Day of the Lord” that the Prophet announced will be a tremendous and unimaginable chastisement, even to the ends of the earth, which will fall upon all the nations. After this terrible chastisement, the survivors who remain will invoke with new fervor the name of the Lord. The Church and the world will be restored in a radical and supernatural way.
And there is more:
- I beheld the earth, and lo it was void, and nothing: and the heavens, and there was no light in them. … For thus saith the Lord: All the land shall be desolate, but yet I will not utterly destroy. (4: 23, 27)
* Behold the whirlwind of the Lord's indignation shall come forth, and a tempest shall break out and come upon the head of the wicked. (23: 19-20)
The wrath of the Lord shall not return until He executes it, and until He accomplishes the thought of His heart: in the latter days you shall understand His counsel.
- Thus saith the Lord God: The affliction, behold an affliction is come. An end is come, the end is come, it hath awaked against thee: behold it is come. Destruction is come upon thee that dwells in the land: the time is come, the day of slaughter is near. (7: 5-7)
* And the word of the Lord came to me, saying: Son of man, prophesy and say: Thus saith the Lord God: Howl ye, Woe, woe to the day!
For the day is near, yea, the day of the Lord is near: a cloudy day, it shall be the time of the chastisement of nations. (30: 1-3)
- Alas, alas, for the day: because the day of the Lord is at hand, and it shall come like destruction from the Almighty. (1: 15)
- Woe to them that desire the day of the Lord: to what end is it for you? The day of the Lord is darkness, and not light. … Shall not the day of the Lord be darkness, and not light: and obscurity, and no brightness in it? (5: 18, 20)
- For behold the day shall come that shall burn as a furnace: and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them, saith the Lord of hosts, it shall not leave them root, nor branch.
But unto you that fear my name, the Sun of justice shall arise with healing in his wings: and you shall go forth, and shall leap like calves of the herd.
And you shall tread down the wicked, for they shall be ashes under the sole of your feet in the day that I do this, saith the Lord of hosts. (4: 1-3)
(citing Isaiah) - For he shall finish his work, and cut it short in justice; because a short word shall the Lord make upon the earth. (9: 28) 2 Peter - Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished. But the heavens and the earth which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of the ungodly men. (3: 6-7)
Posted December 10, 2013
The opinions expressed in this section - What People Are Commenting - do not necessarily express those of TIA
Related Topics of Interest
Prophecies on the Coming Pope & the Chastisement
Are We at the End Times?
Malachi’s Prophecies & Lightning Strikes the Vatican
St. Blaise, Candles and the 3 Days of Darkness
Good Success Prophecies Approved by the Church
Related Works of Interest