Bird’s Eye View of the News
I am referring to the following facts:
- February 24, 2022 - On the same day that the Russian invasion was launched, Putin declared that if any Western nation would intervene in favor of Ukraine it "would see consequences you have never seen." (SWP, April 20, 2022)
- February 27 - Putin warned the West that Russia's nuclear arsenal had been placed in "a special regime of alert." (Ibid.)
- March 26 - Defense minister Sergei Shoigy stated that nuclear readiness is a priority. His words were: “We continue ahead-of-schedule delivery of weaponry and equipment by means of credits. The priorities are long-range, high-precision weapons, aircraft equipment and maintenance of engagement readiness of strategic nuclear forces.” (The Guardian, March 26, 2022)
- March 26 - Dimitry Medvedev, ex-president of Communist Russia and head of its security council, affirmed that the country can use nuclear weapons against conventional weapons according to Russian nuclear policy. One of its items is that the communists can use nuclear weapons "in the case when an act of aggression is committed against Russia and its allies, which jeopardizes the existence of the country itself." (Ibid.)
- April 25 - Sergei Lavrov, Russian foreign minister, said that NATO is already waging a proxy war in Ukraine by supplying weaponry to this country and that the West should not underestimate the elevated risk of a nuclear war. (Reuters, April 26, 2022)
- April 29 - Putin affirmed that any intervention of Western countries into Ukraine would cause a "lightning fast" Russian response. (CNBC, April, 29, 2022)
Communists will not stop until they reach world domination - they follow orders
- Bombing churches;
- Bombing residences and apartments in areas without any military target;
- Bombing hospitals and maternity wards;
- Making agreements for humanitarian corridors only to force mass deportation of civilian Ukrainians to Russia;
- In these "humanitarian corridors," killing passengers of buses transporting refugees from cities surrounded by the Red Army;
- Killing defenseless civilians as the Russian military retreat from their poor performance in Western Ukraine;
- Burying countless dead civilians in unidentified common graves to hide the great number of corpses;
- When the common graves are discovered, bringing portable crematory ovens to incinerate the corpses to leave no evidence.
War crimes, characterized by attacks against churches, historic monuments & civilian residential areas
Another danger that is not theoretical is that Russia already has virtual control over Belarus and Kazakhstan and may extend its attack against Moldova to annex Transnistria, which is a predominantly communist separatist sliver of land wedged between the Nistru River and the Ukraine border. The Baltic Republics of Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia as well as Finland, which border Russia on the West, are also under direct risk of an attack.
The first conclusion is that we are witnessing the reconstruction of the Soviet Union, which has been executed by the strategy of keeping the US and NATO at a distance by the fear of a nuclear attack, using different pretexts.
Facing the possibility of a nuclear war, the United States appears to believe that Putin is just bluffing to intimidate the West and thus it is not taking the nuclear risk seriously. I believe that this is an unwise decision that is not far from being treasonous.
Indeed, the American military might was constructed to face a possible conflict with Russia and China. Now that the conflict approaches, we see the Head of State and the military authorities playing the optimistic role. In this precarious situation there is no room for "optimism." The country must be prepared for the worst. Optimism in these circumstances is synonymous with treason.
Pope Francis takes an humanitarian approach to the war instead of applying the Catholic Doctrine
In the West, the fear of a nuclear war – albeit natural – has been greatly exaggerated and transformed into a panic, generated by communist propaganda outside and its invaluable allies inside: These allies include the Media, Academia, Leftist Politicians, the authorities of the Catholic Church as well as – what a paradox! – the Right Wing and Conservatives who are pro-Putin and against the U.S....
This panic is irrational and only favors Communism.
Catholic doctrine on nuclear war is very clear as defined by Pope Pius XII. Indeed, he affirmed in 1956:
"It is certain that even in the present day circumstances war cannot be considered illicit for a nation to efficiently defend itself and achieve victory when it is attacked unjustly and all the efforts to avoid it have proved futile." (2)
This doctrine provides us security that the principles of Natural Law which have always governed the just war apply coherently to a nuclear war.
If the West does not show valor, it will end by being conquered by Communism. Their agents – whether they go by the name of Putin or Xi Jinping – will never stop until they reach their final goal: the entire domination of the world.
The orchestrated hysteria spread by Pope Francis and his subordinates as well as the praise of Putin as a "conservative Christian" disseminated by the Fifth Column, which has infiltrated the Right Wing of the West, are nothing but tools used by Communism to prepare for its conquest.
In the face of the risk of a nuclear hecatomb, I stand behind the words of Prof. Plinio Corrêa de Oliveira, who wrote this regarding such a threat:
Facing the nuclear hecatomb we must take a position of Faith & Honor
"If, to avoid war, the Western nations were to commit a sin even greater than their current ones by consenting to live under the communist yoke in conditions condemned by Catholic Morals, they would challenge the very Ire of God and call down upon themselves the effects of His Wrath. …
"Were we to sacrifice them [family and property] to avoid a catastrophe, would we not be losing, for the sake of life, the very reason for living? Why live in a world transformed into an immense slave quarters? …
"A supreme and heroic act of fidelity in this hour could cover before God a multitude of sins, inclining Him to turn away from us the cataclysm that approaches. …
"Facing the insidious plans of International Communism, may Our Lady of Fatima obtain for all of us, who have the duty to fight, the courage to exclaim 'non possumus' [we cannot] (Acts 4:20)." (3)
- I advise my reader to keep in mind that there are two kinds of nuclear weapons that may be used: the tactical nuclear weapons, also called nuclear warheads (smaller short-range missiles carrying one kiloton or less), and the strategic nuclear weapons (long-range missiles carrying up to 100 kilotons that can strike up to 2.500 kilometers). The tactical nuclear weapons can be fired by tanks, simple submarines or common missile batteries. The strategic nuclear weapons call for special submarines or large missile launchers.
Both NATO and Russia have more or less the same amount of nuclear warheads, numbering around 6,000.
- Pius XII, Christmas Allocution of 1956, L'Osservatore Romano, December 24-25, 1956. Under the threat of atomic, chemical and bacteriological war destruction, the principle of the legitimate defense of a State was also recognized by Pius XII in his Allocution of April 18, 1954, L'Osservatore Romano, April 19-20, 1954.
- Plinio Corrêa de Oliveira, A Liberdade da Igreja no Estado Comunista, São Paulo, Vera Cruz, 1967, p. 31; The Church and the Communist State: The Impossible Coexistence. 1963, chap. X.